Xboxlife forum

Overscan-problematikken

Snak om udvikling, metoder, tips & tricks vedrørende XNA.

Redaktør: XNA Crew

Overscan-problematikken

Indlægaf Scurvy Lobster » 8. jan 2007 20:07

Når vi får spil på Xbox 360, så kan vi ikke være sikre på, at hele billedet vil vises på forskellige skærme. Der går somregel en lille smule tabt yderst.

Jeg har fundet dette, hos ham der har lavet Rocket Commander:

Save-Regions on TVs can be a pain in the ass. Just google for Xbox 360 screenshots and you will notice that the GUI (graphical user interface) looks a lot different from most PC games. PC games have often UI at the screen border showing you tips, little buttons and other not so important things. If you do that in your Xbox 360 game all of these UI elements may be cut of on a regular TV. For the XNA Shooter I had to rework all the UI elements because they just did not fit on a TV screen and it was not practical to put them in a bar (like the windows task bar) because it looks so different on the PC and certain TV monitors. Instead I put all UI elements in floating bars, which will be adjusted depending on the screen the user is looking at.
These are some of the Save-Regions I have encountered:

PC: 100% visible
Xbox 360 connected through a VGA cable: 100% (or close to 100%) visible.
Xbox 360 connected to an old style monitor with SCART: around 92% visible.
Xbox 360 connected through Component cables to my new Dell 24" Monitor (yeah HDTV): around 93-95% visible (depends on the resolution).
Some old TV sets (according to the XNA docs and tips on the web) have a save region of 80-90%, but I never saw the 80% case, that is probably the worst case scenario.
The important thing is to keep the important UI element in this inner 90% (or 93% if you want to be close to the edges) rectangle. This means instead of using a full 1920x1080 pixel resolution you only use 90% of it (1728x945). Or just start rendering UI elements at about 5% of the screen (x coordinate: 96, y coordinate: 54). This pixel locations obviously depend on the screen resolution, just calculate them in your main class and use them whenever you render UI.
Scurvy Lobster
Niveau 5

Indlægaf deldy » 8. jan 2007 20:28

God læse, jeg vidste godt dette er et problem, og vi skal huske at tage hensyn til det.
deldy
Niveau 4

Tilbage til XNA: Generel snak