Opdateringen indeholder alle de ting, som Microsoft tidligere har afsløret, men også en række andre forbedringer, se hele listen herunder:
- Parties The Party App has been re-organized, so you can now see what activities everyone in your party is doing and tell more clearly who is playing in the same game with you. You can also more quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites. Also, Parties now have a Party Leader. This person can change whether the party requires invitations, and she/he can remove others from the party.
- New Friends Section The new Friends section has been available for a few early access preview members and were expanding it to additional participants enrolled in the preview program. The new Friends section enables you to see at a glance whats going on with your friends. You can stay up-to-date with your current activities, the most popular games your friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore the most over the last 30 days.Well continue to roll this feature out to all participants in the coming updates.
- Media Player A new app will be available soon that enables you to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.
- Xbox One Digital TV Tuner Announced last week, this new hardware accessory will enter a limited preview program in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain), in advance of its retail launch beginning in October.
Stream TV to SmartGlass Launching first in markets receiving the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you will be able to stream your TV across your home network to your smartphones and tablets using the Xbox SmartGlass app. You can also pause, play and rewind as well as change channels, without interrupting gameplay on Xbox One.
- Boot to TV Now you will be able to set your console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.
Live TV Miniguide For markets where OneGuide is available, a new mini guide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. You can quickly change channels and see whats on other channels, while still watching TV.
- SmartGlass Updates You can now post status messages from the Activity Feed as well as add comments and share items from both your Activity Feed and from Game Clips. Along with the new comment and share features, a personalized Activity Feed has been added to your profile. Messages have been updated to a new layout supporting a full conversation view. Additionally, we are adding the ability to record game clips directly from the Now Playing bar. Finally, if you upgrade the app directly we have introduced a Whats New page highlighting the features of each release.
- Xbox On in New Markets Adding support for additional markets to use the Xbox On Kinect voice command to power on consoles: Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, Mexico, and Brazil a top used feature.
- Country Expansion Were doing a lot of work on the back end to prepare for Xbox One to launch in 29 new markets in the coming weeks.
- Multiple GameDVR Deletes You will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.
- Save your Avatar Gamerpic A new option is now available to save Avatar GamerPics to your OneDrive.
- Settings Updates New options help you manage your controllers and accessories. Also, Instant Sign-In is being moved to Settings, to the Sign-in, security & Passkey area.
- Bandwidth Usage Display Located in Network Settings under the Troubleshooting column, Bandwidth Usage will show you how much bandwidth your Xbox One is consuming over a period of time. This is useful if you want to track against bandwidth caps set by ISPs in certain markets.
Med den nye mediaplayer app, vil Xbox One nu kunne afspille følgende filformater:
mpeg 1 ps
mpeg 2 hd
mpeg 2 ts
mpeg 4 h264 aac
mpeg 4 sp
Opdateringen kommer senere på måneden til Xbox One brugere der ikke er med i preview programmet.